Never has it been easier! Resolve to be a “Digital Media Mensch“* in 2015.
A great recipe for money management is saving 10% of what you earn. Some folks with a charitable mindset strive to contribute 10%. Seem steep? Give of yourself, give your time!
Even just one percent of your work week. Work an 8 hour day? That’s 480 minutes. Consider adding 5 minutes on line, 5 days a week. A gift of 1%.
- Recommend a business that served you well
- Congratulate a Startup, SME or Micro-business on whatever platform you favor
- Thank your tribe – tell your followers & connections what benefit they’ve brought – even if just a smile
- Introduce a service professional to a potential customer
- Like, favorite or comment on discussion – engagement helps everyone
Could give more? Up it to 2% -10 minutes and you’ll have time to ask folks what digital media support they could use. Be available to open doors.
- New menu at a local cafe you frequent? Tweet about it – help drive traffic
- Refurbished premises? Sale on the High Street, Award Winners? Spread the word
- Repost, retweet or recommend an event – help an organizer fill a room
Creating community begins with one relationship at a time. You don’t have to love your neighbor, you don’t even have to like them. If you like what they’re doing, and if they’re adding value to the community – help them along.
*In Yiddish, mentsh roughly means “a good person.” The word has migrated as a loanword into American English, where a mensch is a particularly good person, similar to a “stand-up guy”, a person with the qualities one would hope for in a friend or trusted colleague. (Wikipedia)